Any body, association or organisation (whether corporate or unincorporated) with 30 or more members is eligible to be considered a “Society Member” of the Hellenic Centre if its aims and objectives are considered to be compatible with our own. This judgment is at the absolute discretion of the Executive Board.
Benefits of society membership
Membership entitles the society to the following:
- Free use of the Friends & Members Room (including basic AV equipment) for ONE evening per year (Monday to Friday, access from 18:30‐22:30 only) to encourage Societies to contribute to the Cultural life of the Centre and to promote their own activities. This event must be a cultural event, e.g. Lecture or Concert, open to the public and free of charge. Only one free booking is permitted per calendar year and cannot be carried forward to another year. If the event is cancelled within one calendar month of the event date, the Society will lose their free booking allowance.
- Free evening use of the Print Room or the Glass Room for meetings, up to ten times per year.
(NB: in term-time, when our Greek Language courses are underway, these rooms are often busy; please have alternative dates in mind)
- Discounted rates on room bookings (terms and conditions apply).
- General Benefits: Diary of Events three times annually; representation at all general meetings of the Hellenic Centre (each society may send up to 3 representatives, but has only one vote).
- Listing in the Diary of Events, in any other Hellenic Centre publications and on our website.
- Use of the Hellenic Centre address for society correspondence and supply of a pigeonhole for mail (all mail must be collected from the HC office during general opening hours. Mail cannot be forwarded to a given address).
- Anglo-Hellenic League
- Cypriot Estia of London
- Eteria Ellinon Epistimonon
- Greek Cypriot Brotherhood
- Greek Archaeological Committee (UK)
- Hellenic Bankers Association (UK)
- Hellenic Engineers Society
- Hellenic Foundation
- Hellenic Medical Society
- Hellenic Psychiatric Association (HPA-UK)
- Ionian Society
- Lykion ton Hellinidon
- Macedonian Society of GB
- Oinoussai Benevolent Fund
- Omilos Eksipiretiron (Servers’ Society)
- Pontian Association of Great Britain
- Society for Modern Greek Studies
- Society for the Promotion of Hellenic Studies