Private tuition in the Greek Language is available. A minimum of 10 hours has to be booked and paid for in advance. Each 10 hour block has to be used within 4 months from the start date. A contract between the Centre and the student(s) specifies the Terms and Conditions of Private Tuition. Student(s) wishing to book a trial lesson have to pay the hourly fee plus £30 administration fee. The administration fee is not refundable in the event they decide not to proceed with private tuition after the trial lesson. Terms and Conditions for enrolment apply also to private tuition.
Please note that no refund is available once a contract is signed and payment is processed.
|No of students||Fee per hour||Day||Location|
|1 student||£30||Monday to Friday||Hellenic Centre|
|£35||Monday to Friday||Student’s house or workplace|
|£40||Weekend||Student’s house or workplace|
|2 students||£25 per student||Monday to Friday||Hellenic Centre|
|£30 per student||Monday to Friday||Student’s house or workplace|
|£35 per student||Weekend||Student’s house or workplace|
Terms & conditions
- The student has to book a minimum of 10 hours which have to be paid in advance. Students are advised to consider carefully their circumstances and personal commitments before enrolment as no cancellation or refund will be possible once the tuition commences. A fee refund is possible only if a written cancelation note is received before the start date stated in the contract. The following charges apply:
- £20 if cancellation note is received 15 days before the tuition commences
- £30 if it is received between 15 days and the day before the tuition commences.
- The hourly fee is
- £30 if the tuition takes place Monday-Friday at the Centre
- £35 if it takes place Monday-Friday at the student’s house or workplace
- £40 if it takes place Saturday or Sunday at the student’s house or workplace
- A minimum of 10 hours applies also for a group of two students. In this case the hourly fee per student is:
- £25 if the tuition takes place Monday-Friday at the Centre
- £30 if it takes place Monday-Friday at the student’s house or workplace
- £35 if it takes place Saturday or Sunday at the student’s house or workplace.
- The student has to specify in advance the location of the tuition and whether it will take place a weekday or during the weekend. In the event the tuition takes place at a different location or day than that specified, the student has to inform the Centre immediately. In such case the student will be invoiced for the excess fee.
- The student can use the 10 hours in any way he/she wishes (e.g. 1 hour once a week, 2 hours every fortnight, 2 hours for 5 consecutive days etc) but he/she has to complete the 10 hours prepaid block within four months from the start day of the contract.
- Once the lessons start the student has to give the Hellenic Centre a 24 hour cancellation notice in the event he/she cannot attend a scheduled class. If the student fails to inform the Centre within the specified period, he/she cannot be refunded for the cancelled class.
- In the rare event the Hellenic Centre has to cancel a lesson but is not possible to give adequate notice (24 hour cancellation notice) the student is compensated by an extra hour added to his/her contract.
- The Hellenic Centre, having considered and matched the student’s and teacher’s availability sets the day and time of the sessions. The Centre has to be informed in advance of any changes to the agreed timetable; changes are possible only when there is mutual agreement between the student and tutor.
- At the end of each class the tutor and student sign a PRIVATE TUITION SESSIONS form. Cancelled classes have to be entered on the form and signed for only in the event the student failed to give notice within the specified period.
- All financial and administrative aspects of the private tuition have to be dealt with the offices of the Hellenic Centre.
Our syllabus (PDF) is designed to help you find the right level of Greek language course for you, and gives you an idea of what you’ll be learning at every stage.
2017 Autumn term timetable
PDF timetable of Hellenic Centre Greek course modules, by day of the week and time of day. For courses running from October to December 2017.
Greek language courses
+44 (0)20 7563 9831