Hellenic Centre group courses: terms & conditions
Terms & conditions
- General Requirements All Hellenic Centre courses are for adults. To register for any of our courses you need to be 18+.
Fees are payable in advance, are exclusive of books and are not charged pro rata.
Fees must be paid in full by card only, ten days before the start date unless otherwise specified. Any enrolment received after the specified registration period is subject to a £5 administrative fee. No discount is given to students who join late in the term.
No enrolment will be processed and no student will be able to attend classes until full payment is received.
Once payment is received your place is guaranteed and you are expected to turn up on the first day of your course. A receipt will be sent upon request.
Concessionary fees apply only to the following: Hellenic Centre Members, OAPs, Full-Time Students, Westminster City Save Card Holders, Registered Unemployed, Registered Disabled. Proof of identity is required.
- Cancellation and refunds
Students are advised to consider carefully their circumstances and personal commitments before enrolment as no cancellation or refund will be possible once the term commences.
Fees will be refunded only if a written request is received before the day the term begins. The following charges apply: £20 if cancellation note is received 15 days before the term commences, £30 if it is received between 15 days and the day before the term commences.
Fees cannot be transferred to cover payment for another student, private tuition or a course in another term/academic year.
If the Hellenic Centre cancels a course the full course fee will be reimbursed.
Students who opt to pay a discounted fee and register for both Winter and Summer terms (when this is on offer), rather than enrolling for each term separately, register for a block of lessons taking place over a period of two terms. No fee refund or fee transfer is possible if they cannot attend any of the two terms once the Winter term commences.
- Online and In-Person classes The Hellenic Centre reserves the right to move its in-person classes online at any time it is considered necessary for the safety of students and staff.
- Class size/placement
Our courses have a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 20 students. If fewer than 5 students have registered on the starting date, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone the course. Students however, have the opportunity to move to another course or to receive a full refund of the course fee.
Changes from one course to another are only possible within the same enrolment period and only during the first 3 weeks of the term.
Placement to a course will be determined by phone interview.
If students insist joining/remaining on a course which is not for their level, then they can do so at their own responsibility.
- Attendance and Assessment
Students are expected to attend regularly. In the event of absence it is the student’s responsibility to find out what has been covered in the class in order to catch up as the tutor has to follow the syllabus and the class has to progress accordingly.
Students cannot make up for missed classes by attending a class on different day.
Assessment is continuous through active participation in the class and homework. It is highly recommended that all students completing their studies at a required level register for the Certificate of Attainment Exams.
- Holidays There are three holiday periods: Christmas, Easter and Summer. No classes will take place during the Greek Easter Holy Week but that will not affect the number of sessions per term. The Hellenic Centre is also closed during English Bank Holidays. Classes falling on a Bank Holiday will be rescheduled.
- Private tuition Further terms and conditions apply to students booking private tuition, which are outlined in a contract between the student(s) and the Centre.
Greek language courses
Language Courses & Cultural Events Manager
+44 (0)20 7563 9831
Our syllabus (PDF) is designed to help you find the right level of Greek language course for you, and gives you an idea of what you’ll be learning at every stage.
Winter Term Courses
Online and In-Person Classes
start on 24 January 2022
You can register for our
Winter Term Courses
from 20 July until 6 August 2021
and from 31 August until 10 September
To do so please
1. Read carefully our Terms & Conditions
2. Fill in our enrolment form and email it
3. Call 020 7563 9831 or 07720 057424,
Monday to Friday, 11am-2.30pm or 3.30-5.30pm
to make a card payment